What You'll Get
Each Kit Includes:
– Tornado-in-a-bottle/tsunami kit
– Pinwheel kit
– Compass rose
– Indoor snowman chemistry set: sodium polyacrylate, 8 oz cup and disposable plate for easy clean up
– Plate tectonics kit: includes 2 plate tectonic model pieces to model transform boundaries
– Earthquake-resistant building set: biodegradable building blocks, engineering beams, green Earth “mantle”, and disposable plate for easy clean up
– 2 student workbooks
– Teacher packet: includes teacher lesson guide, student workbook, blue food coloring
– Teacher Resources: Teacher Slides, Assessment, and Teaching Strategies
Easy for Teachers
– 8 Minute teacher prep: fast and simple for teachers
– Low mess and easy prep
– All materials are included in each kit – teachers just open and go!
– Workbook walks students and teachers through the activities with simple, easy to implement step-by-step instructions.
Each kit ties to specific NGSS requirements and features hands-on interactivity that sparks curiosity, increases retention, and encourages children to take risks while developing their knowledge. Ensure your scientists are on their highest track to success while being highly engaged with iSprowt!
* MS-ESS 1-1 Develop and use a model of the Earth-sun-moon system to describe the cyclic patterns of lunar phases, eclipses of the sun and moon, and seasons.
* MS-ESS 2-6 Develop and use a model to describe how unequal heating and rotation of the Earth cause patterns of atmospheric and oceanic circulation that determine regional climates.
* MS-ESS 3-2 Analyze and interpret data on natural hazards to forecast future catastrophic events and inform the development of technologies to mitigate their effects.