What You’ll Get
Each Kit Includes:
– Fossil dig kit where students will unearth 2 shark teeth
– Erosion lab: (clear lab container, syringe, cup, and earth block remnants from fossil dig)
– Foam map board of USA
– 4 colors of clay
– 2 student workbooks
– Teacher packet: includes teacher lesson guide, student workbook
– Teacher Resources: Teacher Slides, Assessment, and Teaching Strategies
Easy for Teachers
– 8 Minute teacher prep: fast and simple for teachers
– Low mess and easy prep
– All materials are included in each kit – teachers just open and go!
– Workbook walks students and teachers through the activities with simple, easy to implement step-by-step instructions.
Facilitates Independent Learning and Teamwork
Once students are independently reading (typically around 3rd grade), they can do these kits with very little teacher facilitation. Pre-K through 2nd grade learners also thrive with iSprowt kits with teachers supporting learning by reading aloud from the workbooks or using the included iSprowt teacher presentation slides.
Each kit ties to specific NGSS requirements and features hands-on interactivity that sparks curiosity, increases retention, and encourages children to take risks while developing their knowledge. Ensure your young scientists are on their highest track to success while having fun with iSprowt!
* 2-ESS1-1 Use information from several sources to provide evidence that Earth events can occur quickly or slowly.
* 2-ESS2-1 Compare multiple solutions designed to slow or prevent wind or water from changing the shape of the land.
* 4-ESS1-1 Identify evidence from patterns in rock formations and fossils in rock layers to support an explanation for changes in a landscape over time.
* 4-ESS2-1 Make observations and/or measurements to provide evidence of the effects of weathering or the rate of
erosion by water, ice, wind, or vegetation.
* 4-ESS2-2 Analyze and interpret data from maps to describe patterns of Earth’s features.