– Make a tornado in a bottle
– Build an earthquake-resistant building
– Use a chemical reaction to build your own indoor snowman
– Create a pinwheel to discover cardinal directions and which way the wind is blowing
– Create snowflake origami art
– Become a meteorologist
– Discover why when it’s winter in New York when it’s summer in Sydney
What You'll Get
Each Kit Includes:
– Tornado-in-a-bottle/tsunami kit
– Pinwheel kit
– Compass rose
– Snowflake origami art: 2 pieces
– Indoor snowman chemistry set: sodium polyacrylate, 8 oz cup and disposable plate for easy clean up
– Earthquake-resistant building set: biodegradable building blocks, engineering beams, green Earth “mantle”, and disposable plate for easy clean up
– 2 student workbooks
– Teacher packet: includes teacher lesson guide, student workbook, blue food coloring
– Teacher Resources: Teacher Slides, Assessment, and Teaching Strategies
Easy for Teachers
– 8 Minute teacher prep: fast and simple for teachers
– Low mess and easy prep
– All materials are included in each kit – teachers just open and go!
– Workbook walks students and teachers through the activities with simple, easy to implement step-by-step instructions.
Each kit ties to specific NGSS requirements and features hands-on interactivity that sparks curiosity, increases retention, and encourages children to take risks while developing their knowledge. Ensure your scientists are on their highest track to success while being highly engaged with iSprowt!
* 3-ESS2-1 Represent data in tables and graphical displays to describe typical weather conditions expected during a particular season.
* 3-ESS2-2 Obtain and combine information to describe climates in different regions of the world.
* 3-ESS3-1 Make a claim about the merit of a design solution that reduces the impacts of a weather-related hazard.
* 4-ESS3-2 Generate and compare multiple solutions to reduce the impacts of natural Earth processes on humans.
* 5-ESS2-1 Develop a model using an example to describe ways the geosphere, biosphere, hydrosphere, and/or atmosphere interact.