What You’ll Get
Each Kit Includes:
– Biodegradable pot
– Basil seeds
– Soil disc
– Pinto beans
– Flow strips
– Resealable polybag
– Magnifying glass
– 2 plastic cups
– Disposable bowl for easy clean up
– 2 student workbooks
– Teacher packet: includes teacher lesson guide, student workbook, 6 cups, flow strips, and food color in red, yellow, and blue.
– Teacher Resources: Teacher Slides, Assessment, and Teaching Strategies
Easy for Teachers
– 8 Minute teacher prep: fast and simple for teachers
– Low mess and easy prep
– All materials are included in each kit – teachers just open and go!
– Workbook walks students and teachers through the activities with simple, easy to implement step-by-step instructions.
Facilitates Independent Learning and Teamwork
Once students are independently reading (typically around 3rd grade), they can do these kits with very little teacher facilitation. Pre-K through 2nd grade learners also thrive with iSprowt kits with teachers supporting learning by reading aloud from the workbooks or using the included iSprowt teacher presentation slides.
Each kit ties to specific NGSS requirements and features hands-on interactivity that sparks curiosity, increases retention, and encourages children to take risks while developing their knowledge. Ensure your young scientists are on their highest track to success while having fun with iSprowt!
* 1-ESS1-2: Make observations at different times of year to relate the amount of daylight to the time of year.
* 5-LS1-1: Support an argument that plants get the materials they need for growth chiefly from air and water.
* 5-ESS3-1: Obtain and combine information about ways individual communities use science ideas to protect the Earth’s resources and environment.